..... that finding the perfect venue for Sugar & Spice was going to be so time consuming? I certainly didn't! My problem is that I want the venue to be absolutely perfect, not pretty close to perfect. I have at least narrowed it down to two different buildings in Woodend but I am struggling to choose between the two as there are pros and cons for both. Here is a break down of both of them, I would love to hear peoples thoughts.
- It is located on the main road into town right next to the main shopping strip
- I will be able to annex onto the public liability insurance of the building thereby allowing me to donate more to local charities
- It is recognised as a market location within the town
- easy access for prams
- It is not the prettiest building either inside or out (that sounds shallow I know, but it is an important element)
- We are not able to use the main doors that face the main road, instead we would have to use the back door
- The internal layout is not going to work well with how I would like to set out the market (you would have to be able to see inside my head to understand completely)
Option 2 - Pros
- It is gorgeous building one street back from the main road
- The internal space will work really really well with how I would like to set out the market
- Easy access for prams
- It has central heating so it will be nice and warm in the winter market :)
- It is not on main road so there is an extra layer of complexity to find and not as "visible" for people just to walk up to
- It will cost more to run the market here due to public liability so less to donate to local charities
Just when I think I have finally made up my mind, I start thinking about them again. I am going around and around in my head but I am only making myself dizzy! So I thought I would appeal to you for some sensible advice.
The exciting news is that we have a couple of lovely sponsors for the market. I am itching to tell you all about them, but I am going to have to wait for a few more weeks yet!