Monday, June 21, 2010

Well & truely launched!

As I was frantically doing all of the last minute things Saturday night I paused for a moment and realised that organising the first market was very much like getting married. Months and months of preparation and planning for 4 hours of fun.....

.........but what a 4 hours that was!
  • The scrumptious cupcakes from Cupcake central sold out in 2 hours flat
  • The 100 goody bags were all gone in 45 minutes
  • Dad's corner was an absolute hit with the dads (& the mums hehehe)
  • The poor face painter did not stop for 4 hours, there was even a ticket system!!
  • David Cosma's music set the most wonderful vibe for the day
  • I did not count the number of people through the door & I will not even try to guess. Safe to say it was over 100!
  • I finally got to put a face to my lovely virtual friends, some of whom I have been chatting with for ages!
In amongst all of this chaos, I did not get a chance to take photos, tweet or sit down really. Luckily the amazing Nathan from Tea & Jam was given the task of taking photos and I can not wait to share them with you!

I did, however, manage to find the time to shop up a storm!!

This beautiful doll from MissRuby May is for my little girl Tess who turns 1 this Saturday ... but secretly she might end up being mine!!

This gorgeous little coin purse is from Robin Street Market and it was just perfect to carry my ever dwindling money yesterday


My sister announced at the begining of last week that she is pregnant with her first bubba and the timing on her behalf was magnificent because I was able to grab a few things for my new neice/nephew!! Above is some lovely burp cloths from Smallish and a beautiful body suit with an owl ... my sister loves owls!

Another gorgeous purchase for my little girl a skirt from Mira Narnie.

I also brought myself a wonderful flower from Bursaria but I can not find it at the moment ......

We also got a mention in the Sunday Herald Sun yesterday! I am yet to see it, I have managed to bring the paper in from the car but I have not gotten much further.

For those of you who asked (and there were lots that did) the next market in Woodend will be on the 12th of September. To be kept in the loop make sure you sign up to the mailing list - the sign up box is at the top right.

...... and I was right, it was very much like getting married!! A little stressful but loads of fun with lovely music, food and wonderful people. I also can not remember that much of it (but that is not due to alcohol consumption this time!!)

10 comments:

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

Yay, yay, yay!! The whole day sounds like it was a HUGE hit!! I've 'heard' through fb, Twitter & blogs that both sellers and shoppers loved it!! Congrats Ali - you should be very pleased and proud of your massive efforts!!

Brenda @ 13 Acres said...

Ohhhh Ali! You did such an amazing job and all your dedication really showed as it was a flawless day with so much hype, buzz and a wonderful crafty, creative atmosphere soaking through the whole hall. I hope you can book in some relaxation and rest after all your hard work! The whole day was fantastic and I cannot wait till the next Market! Congratulations - what a success (and thank you for including the little skirt in your post!!)
Brenda @ Mira Narnie

Beky said...

What a perfect comparison, market vs wedding. What a fantastic day, you did so well. Yes the hall was warm! Music great. Stalls great. Congratulations.

MooBeeTees said...

It was a fabulous day Ali and I'm proud to have been a part of it. You did a wonderful job of getting it and us all organised and as a Stall Holder it was a very enjoyable experience. I look forward to the next market in September - Well Done!!

Agoo Australia said...

Yippee! It sounds like a huge success, well done you! So pleased you got the Sunday Herald mention too, that warms my heart LOL. Wish we could have been there in person and get to meet you soon.

Sheryl said...

Ali, you did such a fabulous job! Good idea on getting the hubby to get you a cupcake first before they disappeared. It was such a fantastic turnout, our cupcakes haven't disappeared so quickly at a market before. The other stalls were filled with such talent, creativity and all things gorgeous. Thanks again for getting in touch with me so I could be involved in such a great event, with a great cause as well. Can't wait until the next market! xo

HMC Designs said...

Congratulations on the great success of the market yesterday. I couldn't believe how busy it was!. You certainly had a lot of happy shoppers (including me)
The quality of the stalls was fantastic and I bought lots of goodies for my daughter and myself ;).
My only regret is that I didn't buy one of those cupcakes as they looked amazing!

p h o t o g r a p h y said...

well done Ali!! a fantastic job, everyone seemed so excited by all the goodness that surrounded them.
It was positively fabulous, I can't wait for september to do it all again!!
Katie@ 5 star, baby!

Vari L said...

Great market! My one year old especially loved the live music! Beautiful products by vary talented people! Looking forward to the next one already!

Vari @ Buttercup Ink xx

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oooohhh, so many gorgeous things, you shopped well! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'll look forward to the next market...