Saturday, October 22, 2011

All Things Nice - Small Print

It's not long now until the Sugar & Spice Children's Market heads to Ballarat! On Sunday 13th November we'll be joining forces with the Ballarat Baby & Children's Expo to bring you loads of gorgeous market stalls, together with the wonderful and informative attractions of the Expo. So grab a cuppa and let us introduce you to another fabulous Ballarat retailer, the lovely Claudette from Small Print! (and for those planning to visit our Christmas Fiesta in Woodend on December 4, Small Print will be there too, yay!)


Are you more sugar or spice?
I like to think I’m a little bit of both, as it makes life more interesting!

What inspired you to start your own business?
A long time ago I realised if I spent my life working in an office, I’d be spending more time with my work colleagues than my family and I hoped one day I could turn that figure around and spend more time with the people I love, instead. While on maternity leave I thought it was a great time to start something I could do from home and fit around our family and Smallprint allows me to be creative and run the business around my one-year-old, Logan, while still getting lots of interaction with the community.

How did you name your business?
Although we can put hand and foot prints as well as drawings and writing on our fine silver pieces, the concept first began because of our main range, which is fine silver keepsakes made with loved one’s fingerprints – small prints… This then evolved to Smallprint!

What is your favourite piece from your own range?
I am currently wearing a cable chain necklace with a toggle and my son’s fingerprint on a heart pendant (similar to the one in the photo below) and I just love it as it’s nice and chunky. I took the print on Logan’s 1st birthday so I know that I have that day captured forever.

Where else can we check you out? (website? facebook?)
Our website is: www.smallp.com.au where you can see the full range or visit us on facebook, where you can see the events I’ll be at, photos and details of competitions I’m running. I’ve also just started a blog on www.thismum.com where I’m hoping to write more about my experiences being a mum and small business owner but I literally just put my first post up last week so watch this space!


No comments: